I have added a further column to this sheet: GDD (Goal Difference Difference), which is a measure of how much better our goal difference is than when considering the equivalent fixtures from last season.
This is the Forward Line on the Tottenham Hotspur Family Podcast, with me Elliott Line, looking forward to the Premier League fixture against West Ham on November the 22nd.
This fixture last season ended 2-2. We had been 2-0 down with ten minutes to play, when Rose and Kane scored to level the game. West Ham have shown in recent seasons that on their day they are a match for anyone. Indeed we have only won one of our five most recent meetings.
Despite this, I see us as having a good chance of a win. I think we have a great 75% chance of scoring, a 37% chance of scoring more than once, and a cool 55% chance of keeping a clean sheet.
The most likely scorelines are: a 1-0 win, a 2-0 win, a 1-1 draw,and a 0-0 draw. Overall I think there is a 55% chance of a Spurs win, a 26% chance of a draw, and a 19% chance of a West Ham win.
This has been The Forward Line, with Elliott Line. Come on you Spurs!
The Forward Line
by Elliott Line
We have had difficulty against Liverpool in recent seasons, losing each of our last five meetings by a combined score of 18 goals to 4. In this fixture last season we lost 3-0, to goals from Sterling, Gerrard and Alberto Moreno.
Nevertheless I see us as narrow favourites to win the game, but it’s far from a foregone conclusion. I rate the likelihood of us scoring as a cool 65%, of us scoring more than once as 24% and of us keeping a clean sheet as around 40%.
The most likely scorelines are: a 1-1 draw, a 1-0 win, a 1-0 defeat, and a 0-0 draw. Overall I have 38% for a Spurs win, 30% for a draw and 32% for a Liverpool win.
Next game: RS Anderlecht vs. Spurs in the UEFA Europa League